Have you ever been curious to try alternative therapies, but not sure what it’s all about or which one to choose? Or whether it is effective?
What is Holistic Therapy?
Holistic Therapy is not just one kind of therapy, it gathers various alternative therapies that have an impact on your emotional, physical, and spiritual world. Depending on where you are at in your Life and the symptoms you experience, you may choose only one or several at the same time.
Below are some examples of holistic therapies:
· Energy healing - Reiki
· Family constellation
· And more…
Does Holistic Therapy work?
I believe the answer is not as straight forward as a Yes or a No. In my own experience, some have been more impactful than others. The main question is what do you need right now?
If you do not know where to start because you are unsure of what you feel, then my advice is start where it feels right for you. As mentioned before, there is no wrong path, so whatever you choose will give you an insight and lead you to where you need to go next.
What I have realized over the past few years is
· It is ok to take some time to integrate after each session and it is necessary
· It is ok to take some time off of therapy when it feels too much
· It is ok to stop one therapy that feels “flat” and try something new
· It is ok to ask around you about alternative therapies
· It is ok to call the professional to ask questions to check whether that discipline will help you and also whether you feel good with that person
Over the past 6 years, I have tested many alternative therapies that have helped me peel away layers. Nowadays, I stick to one or a maximum of two depending on how I feel.
Whatever you choose, go wholeheartedly, give it a try and change if it does not feel right.